A Critique Involves Several Elements
A thorough critique shows you what is working and what isn’t. I will critique just about anything. I write, live, and breathe historical romance, and I dabble in erotica. I will critique flash fiction, short stories, novelettes, novellas, and novels.
I do not critique:
- Children’s books
- Pure literary
Flash fiction: 1,000 words or less $20
Short story: 1,001 to 10,000 words 2 cents per word
Novelletta: 10,001 to 20,000 words 2 cents per word
Novella: 20,001 to 50,000 words 2 cents per word
Novel: above 50,000 words 2 cents per word
If your story is over 100 thousand words, we need to talk. It is very hard to attract a publisher or agent with anything over 80,000 words from an unpublished author. Let me help you get rid of the stuff you don’t need. Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Historical Romance can run over 100 thousand words and often do. But, there can still be fluff you don’t need that slows the story to a dead stop.
My Critique Service Will Include:
- A free sample critique/edit on the first one thousand words of your story.
- An honest, thorough, detailed critique and edit that includes developmental (this includes structure, character development, the setting, plot, and story syntax). Line editing (this includes a paragraph- level look at each sentence). Copy editing (making sure the small details stay consistant throughout the story) as well as SPaG and proofreading.
- I will point out what does and doesn’t work.
- Help with the query, synopsis, and your back cover blurb.
- Suggestions on wording. You keep any suggestions I make. They belong to you.
- If you want to self-publish, I can provide tips on cover art and where to get formatting for a reasonable price.
- Links to other successful authors.
- Links to valuable resources for writers.
- Links to sites that tell you if a publisher or agent is a scam or legitimate.
- A critique of your cover art.
- Help you learn the world of writing.
I will create a dialogue with you where you can ask questions, brainstorm ideas, and put out your hair if it catches on fire. I will respond in a timely manner and do a second critique on your changes for:
- Novels, 1 cent a word
- Novellas, 1 cent a word
- Novelette, 1 cent a word
- Short Story, 1 cent a word
- Flash Fiction, $10
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.